This position expired. Take a look at the latest jobs to find an other one.
Junior C# Programmer
As part of a growing design and development team in downtown Toronto, you would have a ground floor opportunity with plenty of growth potential.
Your role, first and foremost, is to push the boundaries of technology, primarily in the virtual and augmented reality space. Outside of a foundation in computer science or software engineering, what we’re looking for most is someone who loves exploring, learning and creating. Our industry moves really fast so it’s not what you know, it’s whether you can adapt and grow.
You are an adaptable developer with a good grasp of what it takes to make great user experiences. You like to problem solve and you’re excited about new technology. As part of a small team, you should first and foremost have a positive attitude, enjoy learning about and absorbing new ideas.
You in a nutshell
- You love coding, hacking, exploring and creating
- You play with technology in your spare time, not just for work
- You have a mindset for collaboration and teamwork
- You’re like experimenting and going down the Google rabbit hole to figure something out
- You’re a perfectionist and actually detail oriented (you don’t just say you are for interviews)
- You like the idea of working at a fast-paced startup and are agile/adaptable
- You want to develop scalable tech products and experiences
- You’re a hacker. You don’t see problems, only opportunities (AKA “Challenge Accepted”).
- You’re an FTP (Follow-Through-Person) and a self-starter who takes ownership in the work you do
- Developing software on a range of platforms including HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, iOS, Android, Hololens, raspberry pi, arduino, web and more!
- Researching and thinking about the possibilities of virtual and augmented reality
- Cross-technology problem solving
- Building a digital infrastructure and creating best practices
- Collaborating with the design team to build polished user experiences
- Assisting with development lead and projects from start to finish
- Building and testing proof-of-concept experiences with new technology to show “the art of the possible”
- Thinking like an entrepreneur
Core Skills – Must Haves
- Computer Science, Game Design, or Software Engineering Degree
- Experience with Unity3D and/or ARkit/ARCore/XCode
- Familiarity with 3D, real-time computer graphics, knowledge of WebGL, OpenGL, GLSL
- Knowledge of Computer Vision
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Passion for VR/AR/MR, knowledge of Oculus; HTC Vive; Microsoft Mixed Reality Devices
- Proficiency with one or more of the following programming languages: C++, C#
- Adobe CS skills
- Data Analysis
- Machine Learning
- Understanding of GPU architecture; experience in parallel computation, GPGPU
- Unreal Engine
- 3D math (matrix/vector math, trigonometry, linear algebra, etc.)
How to apply?
Due to the volume of applicants, we will do our best to get back to every qualified candidate but we might not. If you’re interested in applying, please creep us on the internet for more information then send the following to hello[at]vrvisiongroup.com
A quick blurb about yourself and why you think you fit into a startup environment
- Portfolio pieces
- Any links you might want to share
- Anything else you think might be relevant
Never miss a new opportunity!
Subscribe for the latest positions.
We'll send you notifications about the new positions to the address.
You can unsubscribe anytime by clicking on the link at the bottom of the notification emails.