This position expired. Take a look at the latest jobs to find an other one.
Obscura is an award-winning San Francisco-based creative studio that’s building the immersive entertainment venues and connected interactive experiences of the future. Our innovative team of artists, producers, and technologists use the medium of light to tell a story and communicate a vision through large-scale art installations and productions. Our work is nothing less than cutting-edge, and our clients are nothing short of pioneers. They’re film-makers, museums, companies, and countries who want to draw attention to a cause, or simply create a next-level experience that makes the world pay attention and think differently. We’re looking for top-notch talent to join our team … if that’s you, read on.
Obscura is looking for an experienced Creative Developer to help bring the creative vision of Obscura to life on a diverse mix of projects ranging from interactive large-scale projections to complex multi-display installations, many of which involve R&D. Creative Developers have the ability to work alone or in teams, incorporating input from multiple designers and artists into new interactive experiences for commercial, cultural or educational environments. As a Creative Developer at Obscura, you will help to concept, design, and execute a wide range experiences ranging from passive to interactive, environment to screen based, physical to digital.
About this job:
This is a full-time salaried position with occasional late evenings and/or weekend work. We offer a competitive set of employee benefits, including healthcare and 401k.
We’re seeking candidates who will:
- Execute projects by translating designs from Creative Directors into code
- Recommend appropriate technologies for the development of new projects
- Work with media team to develop and display content and manage media assets
- Work with UI/UX designers in implementing intuitive user interfaces
- Apply best practices for efficient and effective development; looks for opportunities to streamline and fully utilize current and new technology solutions
- Work closely with the Director of Software and Project Managers to ensure projects are delivered on time, to a strong level of quality and with expectations of high uptime
- Maintain an inclusive process that empowers entire project team to contribute to final results
- Keep the Director of Software and Project Managers fully informed on problems and progress
- Stay current on relevant technology and conducts necessary research and development testing to assess emerging technology options
What we are looking for:
- A demonstrated track record of gaining trust and respect by consistently demonstrating sound creative, strategic, and analytical thinking skills, while maintaining composure in stressful situations.
- Must be able to use appropriate terminologies and language to accurately convey changes or direction in concept or design, including to and from non-technical staff
- Ability to work on multiple projects and prioritize tasks for each
- Ability to interact and collaborate with other departments within Obscura to solve problems
- Exceptional initiative and attention to detail
- Must love design and have strong aesthetic faculty
- Flexible Schedule; some evening and weekend work required as necessary, as well as occasional travel
Technical Skills & Experience:
- C++, C
- Derivative Touch Designer
- ActionScript 2 and 3
- Version control with Git
- Graphics: OpenGL, GLSL
- Scripting: Python, Windows Powershell
- OS: Windows, Linux, MacOS
How to apply?
Please submit a cover letter and resume for consideration with “Creative Developer” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Never miss a new opportunity!
Subscribe for the latest positions.
We'll send you notifications about the new positions to the address.
You can unsubscribe anytime by clicking on the link at the bottom of the notification emails.