This position expired. Take a look at the latest jobs to find an other one.
ITV is the biggest commercial television network in the UK. Behind every famous face, there are hundreds of others, all doing their bit to make things happen. We love telly, we’re passionate about content and most importantly we understand our audiences. As a growing international company, we’re commercially minded and have a global focus. We’re all about pushing the boundaries and being innovative.
The Devices team is responsible for end user devices within Workplace Technology including:
- Mobile Devices
- OS Builds
- Asset Management
- Device Management and Security
We are charged with delivering tools and services in an agile way that enable colleagues to be at their most creative and productive.
The junior developer role will work with the existing Product and Development teams in the delivery of the product roadmap, owning and triaging bugs and working on continuous improvement of the platform. This includes the implementation of a cloud based, unified asset lifecycle management tool across ITV’s device platforms.
You will be working across multiple tools and technologies including, Google Cloud Platform, Jamf Pro, SCCM, Bash, Python and Vue, and a particular focus on PHP, Node.js and MongoDB.
Working closely with the Technical Lead and frontline teams to triage and fix open bugs as they are reported to the Devices Product team.
- Work on both the front and back end of tools to deliver a consistently excellent user experience to ITV colleagues and support staff with a user experience led focus on development.
- Work collaboratively with an existing, high performing, product team, bringing fresh ideas to discussions and championing new ways of working to improve the Devices Product space.
- Develop and deliver new functionality using robust, secure, scalable and reusable code to ensure tooling can be reused and updated without significant future overhead.
- Review and challenge work from other team members as part of a robust QA/Review process.
- Be aware of industry best practices and keep abreast of new developments within the industry.
- Able to work effectively in a fast paced, collaborative environment with shifting priorities
- Needs to be proactive, flexible and self-motivated, capable of working on multiple activities at once, with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication skills to articulate and summarise issues, ideas and solutions to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Support assertions and discussions with data driven underpinning
- Take pride in producing simple, effective solutions to problems and deliverables.
- Use an analytical, methodical approach to problem solving.
- Able to own problems end to end, drawing on the relevant expertise of the team or others as necessary to deliver the required outcome.
- Fast learner, able to pick up new skills and ways of working quickly.
- Able to manage workload to deliver on time
- Experience of development using one or more languages (PHP or Node.JS or Python 3 or Vue).
- Understanding and experience of the software development lifecycle and code repositories such as git;
- Understanding of how to write maintainable code and the importance of testing;
- Experience of reviewing code written by others
- Excellent English language communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with tools such as Trello and Slack useful.
- Experience of developing for cloud-based technologies
- Experience of developing for one or more of macOS, Windows and iOS.
- Experience of working within agile software development teams preferred
- Experience of working within the media industry desired but not essential
Never miss a new opportunity!
Subscribe for the latest positions.
We'll send you notifications about the new positions to the address.
You can unsubscribe anytime by clicking on the link at the bottom of the notification emails.