Junior Back End Developer
When ideas lead, great things can happen.
Are you looking to kick-start your development career? We are on the lookout for a Junior Back End Developer to join Absolute. The ideal candidate must be enthusiastic, willing to learn and work well as part of a team. Absolute is an integrated creative & digital agency based in Bolton, Greater Manchester that specialises in brand, digital and content delivery. Our studio is based in an 8,000 sq ft converted church in Horwich (30 minutes from Manchester/Preston), with good transport links to the M61 motorway and Horwich Parkway train station. Free parking is available outside the studio.
If successful you will work under our Technical Director to learn and develop your skills and build experience while working on live projects to deliver effective digital solutions for a number of global brands. You will be required to stay up to date with industry news and developments and seek out learning opportunities.
- Understanding of programming concepts (e.g. MVC frameworks)
- Independent learning and work on your own initiative
- Problem solving capability and innovative thinking
- Good organisation skills and attention to detail
- Contribute and communicate ideas effectively
- An approachable and friendly attitude
Also nice to have (or skills you will learn)
- PHP development, using the Laravel framework
- Write clean, efficient, maintainable and well documented code
- Working with databases, particularly MySQL
- Experience working with CMS systems (e.g. Magento, WordPress, Joomla)
- Developing bespoke applications based on a brief
- An understanding of front-end technologies (HTML, CSS)
- Domain, server and hosting management
- Version control, preferably Git
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Great studio environment – nominee for Prolific North’s Most Inspired Spaces to work 2016
- Games room – inc. pool table/table football/table tennis and race simulator
- Your choice of computer - Mac, PC or laptop
- Good holiday entitlement which increases every year of service
- Birthday off work
- Team building events
- Movie & pizza nights
- Flexible work times
- Gym subsidies
- Monthly team lunches
- Free fruit delivered weekly to the studio
- Fully stocked beer and wine fridge
We thank you if you refer CreativeDEVjobs as the source of your application.
When clicking on the button above you’ll be redirected outside of creativedevjobs.com. Be careful with the information you provide during the application process.
Never miss a new opportunity!
Subscribe for the latest positions.
We'll send you notifications about the new positions to the address.
You can unsubscribe anytime by clicking on the link at the bottom of the notification emails.